Saturday, January 22, 2011

R-E-W-I-N-D

Sorry if this post is a little long. Time has flown by so quickly. I have been working so hard lately (putting in a lot of 10 hour days) trying to build my referral sources. Laren had been working hard too trying to get himself enrolled in a fire academy by March or April. He has also gotten into something called Cross Fit which he is so passionate about. Other than that here is a quick update about everything Laren and I have done these last new months.


NOVEMBER

Laren and I had the chance to go to back to Parowan, Utah to visit his family for Thanksgiving. They have an AMAZING cabin called Little Creek (pronounced Little Crick) It was such a nice break from work and a nice break for Laren and I. We were both so excited to see family and mountains!

Unfortunately his brothers and sisters could not make it. Seth (his sisters husband) had just accepted a new job as an accountant for a jewelry store which required him to work the day after Thanksgiving in Colorado. And his Brother's family couldn't make it because they were too close to bringing this new addition to the family. Tru Turnbaugh (Born December 7, 2010)

December

December was quite the month. LAREN GRADUATED EMT SCHOOL!!!!!!

Also, In my line of work December is one of the craziest months of the year because everyone I market to throws some sort of Christmas Party. I think Laren and I attended an event almost every weekend that whole month. I also had an event of my own. I, along with one of my best friends Jennifer Pagels, threw our first Charity Event! It was called Stocking up Hope. All the details are still on our blog http://www.stockinguphope.blogspot.com/. We had 5 non-profit organizations participate: the local YMCA, Avow Hospice, Veterans Association, Autism Speaks, and Alzheimer Association. It was such a learning experience and we cannot wait to do it again next year!

Then of course we had CHRISTMAS. Since we celebrated Thanksgiving with Laren's family we decided to do Christmas with mine this year. On Christmas Eve we decided to take a boat out to this island called Cabbage Key. We saw lots of dolphins on our boat ride out there.


We ate at this resturant which is famous for their cheeseburgers. The Jimmy Buffet song "Cheeseburger in Paradise" song was written about this restaurant and island.


This trip wasn't perfect though. Actually my brother-in-law (Matt) who was driving the boat happened to drive into water that was too shallow and we got stuck. Both Laren and my brother were such troopers. They jumped in a were able to push the boat into deeper water. They were freezing though. The weather wasn't really warm it was probably in the 70's which in a boat, with the wind, seems a lot cooler.

January

This month has just flown by. Laren and I had the chance to meet one of my friends from high school that was visiting Naples for lunch last weekend. It's always nice to meet with with people who are visiting the area. People often stay in Naples because it is so relaxing and not as fast paced as Miami.

We are also planning on going back to Colorado to visit Laren's family. We haven't seem them in what seems like forever. We are so excited to see the nieces and nephews. We are really excited to meet little TRU and... Isabella (born August 1, 2010) Isabella is Crystal's (Laren's sister) little girl.

Colorado here we come in less than ONE WEEK!!!!






1 comment:

Crystal said...

We can't wait to see you guys!!!!