Sunday, October 17, 2010

Key West

Laren and I went to Key West last weekend. Usually both of us are pretty content with being low key on the weekends, but this was a much needed break. It was so nice to spend a few days together and get away from work and school. We went down there with my sister and her husband last Friday. They are quite experienced when it comes to that place so they were able to show us around a bit and take us to some of their favorite places. I am waiting for her to email me all the pictures she took, but below are some pictures of where we stayed and some of the places we went.

We stayed in a hotel called the Silver Palms. They had just opened the weekend we were there and we were the first guests to ever stay in our room. It was so nice (very modern and very green)

On Friday Night we went to Mallory Square. It is right on the water and as the sun sets all kinds of people come out and perform for money. Growing up close to San Francisco, I wasn't to excited to go because I always see performers every time I go to the city. However, these people had talents and acts that I have never before seen. It was actually so much fun.
This guy above was completely out of his mind. He called us up to be part of his show. Me describing him wont even give him justice. He does have videos on youtube though if you search for "cat man in key west"...... wow

We spent all day Saturday on Duvall Street shopping. It was so beachy and so fun!

We also went here....
That is our trip in a nutshell, seeing as it was a really quick one. We left early Sunday morning so we could have some time to regroup and get ready for work Monday.

2 comments:

Krista & Tyler said...

You're alive! haha I'm loving the pictures! I've always wanted to go to Key West! I'm glad you guys had so much fun!!!

Lindsey and Laren said...

Krista we would love to go there with you. Come down to visit and we will go. It is so so so much fun!!!