Thursday, October 23, 2008

THIS CRAZY WEEK

This last week has been absolutely insane full of pure joy and extreem sadness. Brynn (my sister-in-law) called the week before last to tell us she was heading to the hospital having contraction every two minutes. The whole family was excited to head down there and see a new little baby be born but unfortunately she was in "false labor". Nothing looked false about it to me. I guess that just mean your body is having real contractions but it's doing absolutely nothing for your body. I watched her for an entire week have contractions EVERY two minutes without fail...and that alone scared me enough to wait a couple more years.

She then went back to the hospital the following Wednesday (which would be a week ago from yesterday) and this time for real we thought it was a sure thing. But... she was still only dialated 3 centimeters. We were all terribly sad to think she had to go home once again and deal with this pain even more. How could anyone be in labor that long?

That same night we recieved a call from family in Parowan telling us Grandpa Arthur(Helen's dad) had passed away. I have never seen Laren so bothered about anything in my life. Questions were racing through everyone's head.... How could this be? What about the baby? Can we make it all the way to Utah to the funeral in the next few days? What about Grandma?

WELL (TO MAKE IT SHORT) THINGS WORKED OUT PERFECTLY
Brynn was induced early Friday morning. Larry, Helen, Casey, Brynn's adorable parents and myself were in the room when little Faith Taylor entered this world. What a remarkable expierence to witness something like that. She is beautiful, healthy and perfect!
Brynn was supposed to be released from the hospital Sunday morning but for some reason was released Saturday night. Casey was able to take her home and get her comfortable. Early Sunday morning Laren, Casey and I headed out to Utah. We made it time for the viewing. I have never in my life seen somone who looked so peaceful, happy and youthful. Grandpa looked better than anyone expected.
The funeral really opened my eyes to how blessed I really am. I married into a family that has such a legacy and closeness to them. It is sad that it takes something like death to help you realize what you really have.
The family came to the conclusion that there was good reason why Faith didn't come when she was supposed to. Grandpa was a one of kind guy, with love for every single person he came across especially his family. He had his time to hold little Faith and tell her how much he loved her!

4 comments:

Casey and Brynn said...

Very sweet! I am glad you were able to be there, and I hope it didn't traumatize you too much!!

Becky said...

WOW! You sure did have a crazy week. Things really do happen for a reason! You are awesome Lindsey!

Nikki said...

I miss being around you. I miss your face!! Your blog header is so cute! Who made that for you?

Lindsey and Laren said...

I made out header at scrapblog.com